This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
How to Edit Capri Wiki
Each chapter has an edit button (right of the text), which allows for the editing of the whole chapter. This button will only be visible to authors. At the end of each section is another edit button which will only open the specific section. To create a new chapter navigate to the sidebar. Open any chapter select Backlinks (under edit) choose sidebar. Here, create a new chapter by editing the side bar and wirting [ [ Chaptername ] ]. Save the edit, click on the newly created link and create the page (same location as the edit button). Further reading: https://www.dokuwiki.org/manual
As this Wiki gets regularly exported to PDF special requirements must be met to ensure easy export of the format.
Backslashes in directory paths cause errors in the export. Replace all “\” in the text with “/”
Titles and Captions
Table(tablenumber): and Figure(figurenumber): written in bold will be captured and linked to the next Figure or Table.
Source: under a Table or Figure will be captured in the caption of the Table or Figure.
Do not use linebreaks (\\) in Tables as this will cause a new line in the PDFtable and will render the table useless.
Convert Word documents to the dokuwiki format
Technical documents on new model developments are often prepared in Word format. To disseminate their information content, those documents can be converted to the dokuwiki format and be included into the CAPRI wiki. This section provides a few tips on how to do the conversion of Word documents.
- The Pandoc software provides an easy-to-use framework for document conversion. Dowload Pandoc here
- For converting mathematical formulas, you will need Latex. Miktex is the most common Latex package for Windows Dowload Miktex here
- Pandoc can be used from the command line, or by optionally including the commands in a batch file. A simple example for converting the Word document 'some.docx' to dokuwiki format:
pandoc -i some.docx - o mydoku -t dokuwiki
- Pictures in the Word document can not be converted automatically with pandoc. Those must be included by first uploading them using the 'Media Manager' and then linking them in the wiki content by using the following syntax (please think about organizing your pictures in a folder structure in case you have many pictures to add to your wiki document):
- The hierarchy of the section headers (levels) might need to be revised after the conversion, depending on where the converted document will be inserted in the CAPRI wiki
- Be careful with spacing in latex math mode. Sometimes the Word formulas include white spaces that are converted to strange symbols in the dokuwiki version. More about the white spaces in math mode here